The Benefits of Using Your VA Loan
- Buy a home with no down payment
- Ability to use gifts or seller concessions to cover your closing costs
- Refinance up to 120% of your home’s value
- Take advantage of your VA loan benefits even if you’ve used them in the past
The VA Home Loan program is more important than ever to our service members and we salute your dedication. It would be an honor to assist in achieving your homeownership goals.
Why a VA Loan?
VA Loan Benefits
- 30 yearand 15–year fixed–rate loans and 5–year ARM loans available
- Lower average interest rates than other loan types. VA loans continue to have the lowest average interest rates of all loan types
- Jumbo VA loans available
- Buy a home with no money down
- No monthly private mortgage insurance (PMI)
- Refinance your current VA Loan using the IRRRL – you may not need an appraisal‚ credit check or financial documentation to take advantage of this streamline refinance with a lower funding fee
- An assumable mortgage‚ typically subject to VA and/or lender approval. You may be able to have someone take over your mortgage payment‚ which can be a big benefit in an environment of rising interest rates
How the VA loan works
- Credit scores as low as 600 may qualify for VA loans
- Use your basic allowance for housing toward your monthly mortgage costs
- Prepay your mortgage at any time without penalties
- Add the funding fee into the loan amount to limit closing costs
- Limitation on buyer’s closing costs. Sellers can pay all buyer’s loan–related closing costs and up to 4 percent in concessions.
Call your Trusted VA Mortgage Experts toll free at (833) START VA or (833) 782–7882